[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
buglet in teTeX installation may cause unrelated problems...
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: buglet in teTeX installation may cause unrelated problems...
- From: Marc Espie <Marc_(_dot_)_Espie_(_at_)_liafa_(_dot_)_jussieu_(_dot_)_fr>
- Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:57:05 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Turns out teTeX installs its own version of dialog.
What's worse, this version does not work unless set up in a fairly specific
way, e.g., for texconfig.
If that weren't enough, it turns out that XF86Setup will try to use
dialog if it's available... and promptly fall on its ass with teTeX dialog
(there are very subtle hints in XF86Setup that it uses dialog...)
So, if you have problems running XF86Setup again on a machine where you
installed teTeX, look no more.
I've just fixed the port to install its own incompatible version of dialog
under a different name...
|anime, sf, juggling, unicycle, acrobatics, comics...
|AmigaOS, OpenBSD, C++, perl, Icon, PostScript...
| `real programmers don't die, they just get out of beta'
Visit your host, monkey.org