sendfile()

Does anyone see the value in an implementation of sendfile() ?

Apache either uses it now, or will in 2.0, and my understanding is
that this is an in-kernel fd to fd copy. I really don't know enough
about how it is used to make sensible comments at this stage.

On a similar topic, is anyone doing anything with async I/O ala IRIX
for things like proxy servers and the like, where for slow dial-up
connections, you have to normally maintain a single process doing the
work until the long connection is complete ?

Education welcome... (flame proof pants on).

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd