Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:34:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: Steven Kehlet <kehlet_(_at_)_techfuel_(_dot_)_com>
To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Alpha Multia: boot off floppy but root disk is on wd0 ?

Hello,

I have an Alpha Multia box with OpenBSD 2.5 successfully installed.
Problem is my multia has no SCSI drives, just an IDE and a floppy.  The
Multia's SRM won't recognize any IDE drives, so I can't boot my system
up.

Question: how can I rig a floppy to boot off of which will automatically
find my IDE drive and boot off it instead?  Or can anyone tell me a
better way?

The floppy25.fs never gives me a boot prompt where I can pick my root
filesystem.  Is there a key I can hit or something to interrupt the
boot?  No matter what I do it just boots up the install kernel and
scripts...

Thank you very much in advance for taking the time to think about this.
If I can provide any more information, please let me know.

:-),

Steve

Visit your host, monkey.org