From: Jim Rees [mailto:rees_(_at_)_umich_(_dot_)_edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 1999 7:56 AM
To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Re: tty00 & cua0

   in practice I never was able pppd to get working with cua*, only tty*
  devices.

pppd worked correctly with cua devices in OpenBSD 2.2, but broke in 2.3.  I
have been unable to get later versions of pppd to work either with cua or
with tty on local (non-modem) connections.

In trying to track this down I found and fixed several bugs in the pccom
driver, but I was never able to find the bug I was chasing.  My current
guess is that something changed in the clib.

My workaround is to use the 2.2 pppd:

% ls -l /usr/sbin/pppd
-r-sr-xr-x  1 root  bin  102400 Oct 30  1997 /usr/sbin/pppd

Visit your host, monkey.org