Meaning of this message...

I have an OpenBSD 2.4 (stock) machine and I'm getting the
following system messages on occasion, usually in groups
of 5 or 6 with the same from address and different destinations:

<date> <host> /bsd: attempted source route from X.X.X.X to X.X.X.X

Neither of the addresses listed are for the machine itself, so my
question is what can I gather from this info? Is the machine just
seeing the source routed traffic and being a good network friend
and reporting it or what? Was the source route successful?

Our network folks dont seem to be able to see the source routed
packet, and believe they are blocking source routed packets at the
border, yet the machine reports it.

Ideas?

-Tyler

| Tyler Allison, CISSP    |M/S 233-7 (650)604-3602|MIB- Protecting the|
|System Security Analyst  |Ames Research Center   |earth from the scum|
|allison_(_at_)_mail_(_dot_)_arc_(_dot_)_nasa_(_dot_)_gov|Moffett Field, CA 94035|of the universe.   |
|  PGP Fingerprint: FB 4C 6E 4B 13 12 B1 17 68 7A A0 8C 43 30 00 01   |