2.4/i386: root on acd0a?

Is this even remotely possible?

I have a machine which can boot off ATAPI CDROM, and have already
configured everything so that / and /usr are running read-only
off sd0. Next logical step is to try and throw them onto a CD.

Attempts so far have failed. I can get a kernel to boot off an
El Torito CD, but having it find the root filesystem on the CD
is proving to be a challenge.

Am I wasting my time? Has anyone actually done this?
--
Phil Homewood             DNRC          email: philh_(_at_)_mincom_(_dot_)_com
Postmaster and BOFH

Visit your host, monkey.org