VPNing with OpenBSD

Hi,

I'm somewhat new to OpenBSD.  I'm trying to set up a VPN using two OpenBSD
boxes as firewalls on either end of a simlated WAN.  In trying to set this
up, I am following the instructions located at this URL:

http://wserver.physnet.uni-hamburg.de/provos/photuris/howtouse.html

but, unfortunately, it's a somewhat outdated HOWTO.  My main problem is
that, after starting photurisd, I try to issue the following startkey command

# startkey 10.0.0.2

and I receive the somewhat oblique

missing = in 10.0.0.2

in response.  Can someone help me figure out what this means?

Also, do I need to recompile my kernel to use Ipsec properly, or is it
already supported in the version of OpenBSD I'm using, which is 2.3?

Thanks!

--
John-Paul Pagano
Unix Systems Administrator