Re: HFS Filesystem Support

> You might want to consider making it an lkm, especially if there are GPL
> issues.  Easier to debug, easier to ship separately if necessary.  Take a
> look at arla's xfs module if you decide to do this.

Okay, I think that, for the ease of hacking the fs once I get the lkm
difficult to integrate it into the kernel once it is written and working
as an lkm, and it takes awhile to boot my computer up, so I think I can
get this done a lot quicker and with a lot less frustration if I write it
originally as an lkm.

I've looked through the stuff in /usr/share/lkm and am starting to
get an understanding of how the LKM thing works.  However, when I try to
load an LKM modload tells me:
'not loading symbols: kernel does notsupport symbol table loading:
Operation not permitted'
   ... and then ...
'can't reserve memory: Operation not permitted'

Is there some special kernel configuration I need to do to get this to
work?  I'm fairly certain that I built my kernel with LKM support, but am
not sure if there's anything else I need to do.  Anyone? :)

Thanks.
  -- Ari

Visit your host, monkey.org