2.3 install irregularities

Hi!

So I was nuking my SCO box to put OpenBSD on it, and I've run
into some trouble.

I have an IBM PS/ValuePoint 486/33 (DX) with 40M of RAM and two
260M IDE disks installed. It's a fairly vanilla machine, although
it is an IBM. It has an ET4000 on the motherboard as well as a PS/2
mouse poirt. It also has a 3com 3c507 in it. Anyway, when I use
the 2.3 bootdisk (floppy23.fs) boot loader panics!

I get
"reading boot...."
detect...

trap: 9(0):L non-maksable interrupt
cn_tab=0x1a040
eax 0	 ecx 26ffc00 edx 	0	cbx 26ffc00
esp ffa0 ebp ffb0    esi    10866       edi 0
eip 12e7c eflags 93  cs         8        ss 10
ds 10 es 10 fs 10 gs 10

Are there internal devices on that machine I should turn off?

I've prevented any bone-headedness-- I tried three different floppies.

-Jon

/  J. Joseph Max Katz                  jkatz_(_at_)_darpanet_(_dot_)_net        /
/  Chief Executive Officer             http://www.cpio.net       /
/  CPIO Networks                       (408) 569-7092            /
/ "My therapist said that I should treat every day as my last.   /
/  I stiffed him."                                               /