[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
IP alias errors with ifconfig
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: IP alias errors with ifconfig
- From: Gregory Perry <gvperry_(_at_)_netsec_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:03:40 -0500 (EST)
- Delivery-date: Wed Jul 8 15:59:07 1998
I recently upgraded to OpenBSD 2.3, and I have a host that I want to set
up multiple aliases on.
Here is the output I get from ifconfig:
bash# ifconfig fxp0 inet alias 192.168.10.100 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig: SIOCAIFADDR: File exists
ifconfig -A still reports that the IP alias is up and functional, and I
can ping said address - I am just curious about his error message (am I
doing something wrong?).
Visit your host, monkey.org