Re: 2.3 installs fine, fsck fails on reboot

I had quite a few problems myself, although not the kind that he had.
At least 2.3 successfully installs on my system, unlike 2.2 and 2.1....

What we really need to do is generate a default setup in the install
script, just like RedHat and FreeBSD do!  I'll have more to say later.

> From: Tobias Weingartner <weingart_(_at_)_wolfram_(_dot_)_com>
> > I've fdisked the drives as both IDE and ESDI (I don't know why I tried
> > the latter, but I get just as far with it).
>
> IDE for ide, SCSI for SCSI.

Actually, when you type IDE into the script as written in the CD jacket,
it puts ESDI into the disklabel.  It does not seem to have any adverse
effect, other than human confusion.

I've already reported a fair number of such details to bugs.

WSimpson_(_at_)_UMich_(_dot_)_edu