[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Official X on Obsd/pmax 2.3
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Official X on Obsd/pmax 2.3
- From: Nino Margetic <nino_(_at_)_well_(_dot_)_ox_(_dot_)_ac_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 00:34:05 +0100 (British Summer Time)
- Delivery-date: Thu Jun 4 16:35:57 1998
Perhaps this can help someone. I am running 2.3 -current (as of May 5th -
currently in the process of make build from yesterday's snapshot). When I
tried to upgrade X to the official 2.3 distribution two things broke:
1. Xcfbpmax didn't work for me. Similar problem as with 2.2 distribution -
this time mouse works, but screen is screwed up. Resolved by using my old
server (from what I can see they are of the same vintage, X11R5).
2. XDM broke. It took me a while to realize that the default authorization
was set to XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 and that my X server didn't like that.
Resolved by entering:
into the xdm-config file. I suspect I need to recompile the X server and
enable DES... Oh well...
Nino Margetic <nino_(_at_)_well_(_dot_)_ox_(_dot_)_ac_(_dot_)_uk> | http://www.well.ox.ac.uk/~nino
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford.
Tel: 44 1865 740079 | Fax: 44 1865 742196 | GSM/SMS: 44 385 291920