Bootblock woes again

Hello!

You perhaps remember my last mail reporting problems with the new
OpenBSD/i386 bootblocks. Yesterday I wrote a floppy with
  disklabel -r -w fd0 floppy3
  newfs /dev/rfd0a
  mount /dev/fd0a /mnt
  cp /usr/mdec/boot /mnt
  /usr/mdec/installboot -v -h 2 -s 18 /mnt/boot /usr/mdec/biosboot fd0
  umount /mnt

It worked ok at home (rather modern Pentium box), but not here (older
486 box, Adaptec 1542 controller). The bootstrap prints this:
  pc0 detected
  using pc0..
  mem0: 640K:19456K
  Probing disks: fd0 fd1 fd2 fd3
and here it hangs.

The old boot floppy that works doesn't know 'machine diskinfo' yet,
so I can't proceed in trying to finally get the bootstrap working on
that disk.

Regards, Felix.

PS: At home, on my disk are still the old (Dec 96) bootblocks.
How do I backup them the best way so I can try to install the
new ones on the harddisk and still being able to revert to the
old ones if the new ones should not work?

Visit your host, monkey.org