i386 bootblock woes

Hello!

I have a machine here, installed from a beginning of August
OpenBSD snapshot.

The problem is:
- The old style boot blocks won't boot (they just hang without any
  usable error message) from harddisk.

- The new style boot block (0.99a) won't work from harddisk but only
  from floppy (that's the way I boot the machine now)

- The current (cvs update from cvs.no.openbsd.org today) blocks don't
  work, neither from floppy, nor from harddisk.
  From harddisk, the message is this:
Bad magic
  From floppy, it boots to a bit before the point, where the "boot>"
  prompt should be displayed, but hangs there.

The machine is an old IBM PS/2 with ISA bus, Adaptec 1542 SCSI controller,
about 1GB harddisk.

The old style bootblocks were installed by the installer (and hanged).

The current bootblock was tried to install with
  cp /usr/mdec/boot /
  /usr/mdec/installboot -v -h 4 -s 109 /boot /usr/mdec/biosboot /dev/rsd0c
I also tried /dev/rsd0a instead of /dev/rsd0c. Same error...

The new bootfloppy (that didn't work either) was made thusly:
  disklabel -r -w fd0 floppy3
  newfs /dev/rfd0a
  mount /dev/fd0a /mnt
  cp /usr/mdec/boot /mnt/.
  gzip -9 </bsd >/mnt/bsd
  /usr/mdec/installboot -v /mnt/boot /usr/mdec/biosboot /dev/rfd0a
  umount /mnt

Can you help?

Thanks in advance,

Felix.