Re: Makefile hacks in bsd.subdir.mk

Tobias Weingartner <weingart_(_at_)_austin_(_dot_)_BrandonU_(_dot_)_CA> writes:

> No need.  If you have the disk space (which you will need for chrooted
> builds anyways), just do:
>
> setenv DESTDIR /dist
> make build
>
> I think that should work.  Somebody correct me if it does not...

There is a subtle difference: "make build" first updates files in
/usr/include, /usr/share/mk and /usr/lib so they are up-to-date before
actually doing the "make all".  Only the final "make install" honors
DESTDIR.

    Ben

--
Ben(edikt)? Stockebrand    Runaway ping.de Admin---Never Ever Trust Old Friends
My name and email address are not to be added to any list used for advertising