Re: Makefile hacks in bsd.subdir.mk

Niklas Hallqvist <niklas_(_at_)_petra_(_dot_)_appli_(_dot_)_se> writes:

> However I'd like to see the awk dependency removed if at all possible.
> The best would be if forks could be avoided alltogether with just
> /bin/sh constructs, but maybe I'm just dreaming.  I haven't looked
> into what it is that you are doing with awk.

I've tried it using only sed.  However, this is a bit of a problem
because using something like

	sed -e 's/${PATH_WITH_SLASHES}/${SOMETHING_ELSE}/'

obviously won't work.  Trying to do this only with sh constructs may
be possible but seems a major pain, making the whole thing even less
readable than it is right now.

    Ben

--
Ben(edikt)? Stockebrand    Runaway ping.de Admin---Never Ever Trust Old Friends
My name and email address are not to be added to any list used for advertising