[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I'v done it .. I'v installed OpenBSD...
- To: tech_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: I'v done it .. I'v installed OpenBSD...
- From: Alexey Pialkin <pialkin_(_at_)_pdmi_(_dot_)_ras_(_dot_)_ru>
- Date: Mon, 05 Aug 1996 22:03:21 +0400
- Organization: PDMI RAS
In few words - subj. But some comments :
1) Anybody sometime tried to install OpenBSD from zero ? Looks like
not - at least the first problem accured in the beginning - after
succesfully creating of partitions(slices)(please,please - write someone
something like fdisk ... it's really hard to make conversion from cyl to
bytes every time :) . Tar report about some error and was asking about
next volume of archive .. Strange.. I'v killed it but this force me to
create fstab manually..
2) i was unable to untar big archive(usr.share.tar.gz) ... looks like
tar wanted to create some files in /tmp directory but space was end :(
3) i was unable to find perl in snapshot ... have i missed it ?
4) default kernel from first floppy doesnt support virtual terminals?
I mean ALT+Fx ? I 'v added info about it to ttys + make devices
but still unable to switch betweeen them :(
5) by the way i turned on console and was unable at all to enter to
system ... it said that incorrect login.. and then began not to listen
at it at all(but i was able to login from ttyp*) ....
Thuuhhhhh.. That's all for today . Any comments,solutions ?
P.S. sorry for worse english ...
Visit your host, monkey.org