[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src
- To: source-changes_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src
- From: Claudio Jeker <claudio_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:40:49 -0700 (MST)
Module name: src
Changes by: claudio_(_at_)_cvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org 2007/01/26 10:40:49
usr.sbin/bgpd : bgpd.c bgpd.h rde.c rde.h rde_prefix.c
Massiv rework of the control imsg flow. Main changes:
- dedicated pipe between the SE and the RDE for control messages
- restartable RB tree dumps in the RDE
- queuing limits both in the SE and RDE
The result is a dramatic decrease of memory consumption on operations like
bgpctl show rib. Previously all messages where first stored in the RDE
then passed to the SE where they got queued in case bgpctl was not fast enough.
Now only a small number of messages is generated and passed to the SE and
the SE has an additional limit instead of acting like an infinite buffer.
Without this the bgpd on bgpd.networx.ch would not survive a single minute.
looks good henning@
Visit your host, monkey.org