Re: mail/nail

On 25 March 2006 at 11:01, bsd_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_rutgers_(_dot_)_edu wrote:

> Nail was recently merged into the heirloom project and has been
> renamed to mailx.  Now, base already has mailx of course, so I'm left
> to wonder how best to update the port (gmailx, as in gmake, looks
> horrible!).
>
> Should I:
>
> - create a new 'mail/mailx' port and we just delete mail/nail
> or
> - update mail/nail to use the new distfile
>
> If I do the latter, should the port install it as LOCALBASE/bin/mailx
> or nail?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Okay, no one responded so I made a new port called mail/mailx.  Because
the author decided not to rename every component (like the rc file),
some bits are still named nail.  Grumble.

This port is essentially nail-12.0, only it's called mailx and the
relevent stuff is updated.  It installs a symlink called nail as the
author suggests.

Comments welcome, commit welcome too  =)

Thanks