Re: UPDATE: net/irssi-0.8.10

viq [2006-03-27, 12:16:04]:
> On Monday 27 March 2006 01:57, viq wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 March 2006 22:52, steven mestdagh wrote:
> > > viq [2006-03-12, 22:46:07]:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > is it necessary to install all these header files?
> >
> > Removed.

did you just remove them from PLIST? you can't do this, make sure they
are not in the fake area, by not installing them, or removing them in
post-install, whatever works best.

> > > i think this is good, but you may want to check settings.c. it is
> > > expecting ${SYSCONFDIR}/irssi.conf right now.
> >
> > Changed, verified that it's working.
> >
> > > also, are the theme files in ${SYSCONFDIR}/irssi used at all?
> >
> > No, apparently not... Apparently only /usr/local/share/irssi is used. Do
> > you think I should keep it that way and remove theme files from
> > ${SYSCONFDIR}/irssi, or would it be better to find how to make it use the
> > files there?
>
> Treated that as a challenge, and here's the result. Just put your default
> config in /etc/irssi/irssi.conf and system-wide themes in /etc/irssi/themes/
> - and enjoy ;)

i tried changing something to /etc/irssi/themes/default.theme but it did
not work. the same change in ~/.irssi/themes/default.theme does work.

you should also change the location of the config file to
/etc/irssi/irssi.conf in the man page.

steven