Re: ports of web applications

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 09:06:17PM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:
> hi there,
>
> i am trying to make a port of textpattern.
> this is a regular php+mysql web application cms.
>
> naturally i went had a look at other web application Makefiles already
> in the ports.
>
> i noticed that most of them (wordpress, smarty, horde) install into
> /var/www/ instead of /var/www/htdocs and symlink back.

I don't have much of an opinion about the rest, but I'd imagine that
installing into /var/www gives the administrator that much more freedom.
Not all wordpress installations are necessarily rooted at
(/var/www/htdocs)/wordpress, for instance - quite a few will be at the
root of the webpage.

		Joachim

Visit your host, monkey.org