[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: tar "End of archive volume ..."
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: tar "End of archive volume ..."
- From: Joachim Schipper <j_(_dot_)_schipper_(_at_)_math_(_dot_)_uu_(_dot_)_nl>
- Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:37:13 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 07:56:20PM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:
> hi there,
> could someone more knowledgable about tar comment please on this
> tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
> i know it's not an error per se, but what is it? whose "fault" is it?
> is it worth writing about upstream to the package author?
As Otto pointed out, more details would be nice.
It is possible to write multipart tar archives; maybe you encountered
one such archive?
Also, please retry downloading the file and/or compare against checksums
- it might be a network glitch.
Visit your host, monkey.org