[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NEW: audio/mpd, audio/mpc, audio/ncmpc
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: NEW: audio/mpd, audio/mpc, audio/ncmpc
- From: Tobias Ulmer <tobiasu_(_at_)_tmux_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 20:16:24 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: Tobias Ulmer <tobiasu_(_at_)_tmux_(_dot_)_org>, ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:14:22PM +0100, Henrik Enberg wrote:
> Tobias Ulmer <tobiasu_(_at_)_tmux_(_dot_)_org> writes:
> > Three ports for the price of one ;)
> They work just fine for me on i386. I've been using locally compiled
> versions of all 3 for a long time, and that's alwas a bit of extra work,
> so I welcome packages.
> Maybe it'd be nice to create an _mpd user to run under and keep the db,
> logs and state in /var though? Right now I just run mpd as my normal
> user, which works fine for my situation, but machines used by several
> people might benefit.
if have thought about this option, but I don't want to mess with the base
system to much (yet). Since there will be only a small number of users
that run this software in a multi user environment, my opinion is it's
better to optimize for single users and provide defaults that are useful
for the "masses".
Anyway thanks for your suggestions and report. I maybe will try to play
with this a bit and look into the postfix port how it's done.