dvd - grief & Almost ready to pack it in!

g'day,

I have a problem reading dvd's, I can watch other(tm) dvd's but not anything that
requires css stuff. Any hints would be great, I have a couple new flics I'd really like to
watch! I should mention my 3.7 -stable box worked like a charm, I am starting to regret
ever reinstalling ..

# pkg_info |grep dvdintraweb:/root# pkg_info |grep dvd
libdvd-0.3p0        descramble scrambled DVDs using ACSS
libdvdcss-1.2.8     descramble scrambled DVDs
libdvdread-0.9.4p1  accessing DVD files

# Read Error
WARNING[dvd_gui]: add_keybinding(): No such action: 'SaveScreenshot'
WARNING[dvd_gui]: add_keybinding(): No such action: 'SaveScreenshotWithSPU'
libdvdread: Using libdvd version 0.3 for DVD access
Enter challenge, e.g. the name of your OS:
libdvdread: Could not open /dev/rcd0c with libdvd.
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/rcd0c for reading
ERROR[ogle_nav]: faild to open/read the DVD
callbacks.on_opendvd_activate(): DVDSetDVDRoot: Root not set

# What exists
intraweb:/root# ls -l /dev/rcd0c
crwxrw-rw-  1 root  operator   15,   2 Jan 11 18:49 /dev/rcd0c