[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: pkg_add in feb 15 current
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: pkg_add in feb 15 current
- From: Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 00:05:17 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net
On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 08:53:11PM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:
> you didn't get my mail Peter...
> > > amaaq> sudo pkg_add teTeX-base
> > > Error from http://openbsd.cz/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/i386/:
> > > Successfully retrieved file.
> > > Can't resolve teTeX-base
> > >
> > > (a simple typo. s/-base/_base/)
> > And how do you expect it to know that? It would be like
> > asking for Coke in a restaurant, and being given Pepsi
> > (or anything else) without a warning. That's evil.
> it's not about the typo, i put the typo there so i get
> the error message.
> so what's ambigious to me?
> the frist line says: "Error"
> the second lines says: "Successfully"
> the third line says: "Can't"
> that is like seeing a windows dialog box, frankly:
> makes no sense to me.
> i was trying to tell Marc to make the error messages
> a bit more easier to understand.
Two things: the code to get ftp to display shit has been in for about
five months now... and you report this issue only now ?
Yes, it's obvious the `Succesfully retrieved file' is a GOOD message,
but not one I get from `usual' ftp servers.
The idea here is that I want to see some ftp messages, but not all of
them, so that I can figure out what's going on.
This is not perfect yet for two reasons:
- the heuristics that decide WHEN to show the messages lack some information.
This will be revisited after 3.9.
- no-one except you reported `interesting' error messages like this...
-> poor testing. What can I do ?
Visit your host, monkey.org