[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ogle dvd player and xorg
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ogle dvd player and xorg
- From: Jacob Meuser <jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:31:58 -0800
- Cc: "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang+gnus200601_(_at_)_dailyplanet_(_dot_)_dontspam_(_dot_)_wsrcc_(_dot_)_com>
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang+gnus200601_(_at_)_dailyplanet_(_dot_)_dontspam_(_dot_)_wsrcc_(_dot_)_com>
On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 12:41:06AM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 02:18:13PM -0800, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> > I just noticed that ogle (the dvd player) has problems under xorg with
> > -current/amd64 on an ATI Radeon 9200SE framebuffer. The sound plays
> > just fine and the ogle video output window changes size in response to
> > the source material changing aspect ratio from 3:4 to 9:16. The
> > problem is the window stays black and never shows any output.
> > Invoking ogle as "OGLE_USE_XV=0 ogle /dev/dvd" (which turns off
> > ogle's use of the XVideo) does allow output to make it to the window,
> > but at great cost to the cpu. Even a 2.0 Ghz amd64 can't keep up with
> > the 30fps frame rate, so that isn't a usable solution. Something is
> > clearly wrong with XVideo or ogle's use of it.
> > I'm at a loss whether this is a problem with 1) the ati radeon xorg
> > driver for my card 2) xorg's implementation of XVideo 3) ogle's use of
> > XVideo. Are other folks having any success with amd64 and/or radeon
> > 9200se cards?
> Did you run any video application before ogle ?
> I've noticed for a while now that mplayer conflicts with ogle. Namely,
> if I use mplayer, then ogle, I get a blank screen. Radeon driver as well...
> This used to work, this no longer does.
> I've notified Matthieu Herb, but none of us has had any time to debug it
> restart X windows, see if the problem disappear.
you can also manually reset the XV colorkey via xvctl. i've tried to
figure out where the colorkey gets messed up in mplayer, but have
not found it yet. vlc screws up the colorkey too.
Visit your host, monkey.org