NEW: xine-lib, xine-ui

attached are port tarballs for multimedia/xine-lib and
multimedia/xine-ui.

these are "works in progress", done by jolan@ and myself.  we're mostly
at the point where we need further testing, thus the emil here :)

"what is this xine stuff", you ask?

  xine is a free multimedia player. It plays back CDs, DVDs, and VCDs. It
  also decodes multimedia files like AVI, MOV, WMV, and MP3 from local
  disk drives, and displays multimedia streamed over the Internet. It
  interprets many of the most common multimedia formats available - and
  some of the most uncommon formats, too.

there are some issues already which are being loked into.  this does a
lot of stuff, and it's hard for two people do test it all. _but_, xine,
from the xine-ui port, is a pretty nice player.  in particular, both
Jolan and I have noticed much smoother DVD playback with xine than with
mplayer.  it's possible to run xine in full-screen mode, as the desktop
background.

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>