[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: updating for update's sake
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: updating for update's sake
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:18:14 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
> Once upon a time it seemed that these "gratuitous" updates were frowned
Depends what you term "gratuitous". Following test (alpha, beta,
pre-) releases without a good reason is frowned upon. By contrast,
following regular/stable releases looks like a normal part of
maintaining a port to me. Bugs do get fixed, and frequently the
extent of this is not clear from the change log.
> But I am curious what the official stance is now.
I'm not sure we have one. :->
> I'm probably just thinking too hard about this.
Yes, I think you are.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org