[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: SHARED_LIBS status
- From: Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 00:04:27 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net
We're now almost done converting all ports to SHARED_LIBS, and a huge
subset of them to USE_LIBTOOL instead of building their ports.
In the very near future (before tuesday, probably), pkg_create is going
to start erroring out if it finds shared libraries that are not under
SHARED_LIBS control. I expect this to be under 25 packages at that point.
New ports HAVE to heed SHARED_LIBS. In most packages using libtool, it's
just a question of setting USE_LIBTOOL together with SHARED_LIBS.
The current conversion showed us that, in most cases, it's very easy to