[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Python 2.4.2 for AMD64 OpenBSD 3.8?
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Python 2.4.2 for AMD64 OpenBSD 3.8?
- From: Josh Grosse <josh_(_at_)_jggimi_(_dot_)_homeip_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 14:58:14 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 09:44:40PM +0200, Pekka Niiranen wrote:
> >If you don't know how to deal with this stuff, that is enough of a sign
> >to not mess with it.
> Wrong. Some are willing to try against the odds.
> OpenBSD's (and Linuxes) installation base would
> be considerable smaller, if reading manuals
> before installations were compulsionary.
> Besides, what's wrong with hacking?
Wrong, regarding this particular OS. The man pages are the definitive
documentation, and errors in them are considered serious bugs.
In this particular case, you are attempting to do something that is
unsupported. Do NOT expect support from this list.