[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Update: mail/hashcash 1.20
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Update: mail/hashcash 1.20
- From: Armin Wolfermann <aw_(_at_)_osn_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 12:59:47 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Jacob Meuser <jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com> [22.12.2005 12:06]:
> do you have a pointer to benchmarks with and without those options?
Running hashcash -sv takes a benchmark with all included cores. On my
P4 the improvement is 44 percent.
> in general, mmx code is allowed. I'm not so sure about -mtune,
> though, except as a flavor. I don't think it is an issue in this
> case though, since we already allow mmx, unless of course it exposes
> a gcc bug.
I checked the resulting binary on P4, P3, Athlon and ElanSC520. Maybe
someone can throw in some more i386 architectures.
Visit your host, monkey.org