Re: mysql-fun

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:34:37 +0800, Lars Hansson wrote:

> Check the ownership and permissions for /var/mysql when mounted as it's
> own partition. It is supposed to be owned by _mysql.

The subject was right: fun. No idea what happened.
I simply shut down mysql, mounted the partition-to-be to /mnt/; cp -Rp all
files from /var/mysql to /mnt/, re-inserted the partition into fstab, and
rebooted. Works without a hitch.
I'll try next time again; and report back if anything strange occurs.
Otherwise my excuses for noise,

Uwe