Re: new gaim

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 04:00:48PM +0100, Jonathan Schleifer wrote:
> Aleksander Piotrowski <aleksander_(_dot_)_piotrowski_(_at_)_nic_(_dot_)_com_(_dot_)_pl> wrote:
>
> > Here goes new version of gaim port.  It's based on today's CVS
> > sources.  Have fun.
>
> I think we shouldn't use CVS versions for ports when the current stable
> version works just fine. Besides, the CVS version is very unusable IMO.
>
> --
> Jonathan

Just posting it to the list does not mean it'll be going into the ports tree.

Besides, I've been running the snapshot and IMO it very much is useable. A beta
will be out in a weeks time and a release within 2 months or so. This is a good
time to try out the next release to see where things sit and to try and get
whatever issues you run into fixed before the release, not after.