Re: get 'libtool --tag CXX' to work

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:27:59PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 09:59:19PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> > I am currently checking that at least kdelibs is happy with this diff
> > and standard libtool, so far, so good...
> Okay, this shit still does not work (well, the patch is good).
>
> The cincher is,
> libtool --tag=disable-static --tag=CXX
> does not work, since --tag=CXX will redefine build_old_libs to yes.

you mean in the TAGs section?  or deep inside libtool?

is this with modules and libraries, or modules only?

what problem does it actually cause?  only static?  static and
dynamic but static gets chosen when dynamic is preferred?

and it looks like build_libtool_libs=yes will (should anyway)
override build_old_libs=yes.

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>