[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: minor glitch in bsd.port.mk(5) ?
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: minor glitch in bsd.port.mk(5) ?
- From: Nikolay Sturm <sturm_(_at_)_erisiandiscord_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:29:12 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Fnord!
* M. Schatzl [2005-11-15]:
> COMES_WITH The first release where the port was made part of the stan-
> dard distribution. If the current OpenBSD version is >=
> this version then a notice will be displayed instead of the
> port being built.
> Sorry if I get this wrong: But it doesn't make sense to me to reject a
> port that came first with a version of OpenBSD lower than the current one.
> Shouldn't it be "If the current OpenBSD version is < this version then a
> notice will be displayed instead of the port being built." ?
COMES_WITH means the port got integrated into that version of OpenBSD.
Assume there's a port foo for OpenBSD 3.4, then becomes part of OpenBSD 3.5,
so it doesn't make sense to build that port on OpenBSD 3.5, 3.6, ...
Visit your host, monkey.org