Re: New ports tree feature

On Monday 07 of November 2005 20:22, Joerg Zinke wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 02:24:48 +0100
>
> viq <viq_(_at_)_poczta_(_dot_)_fm> wrote:
> > gotta love how things work :) true, that will get broken on ports
> > installed with flavors, but i just did this one-liner:
> >
> > for i in `/usr/ports/infrastructure/build/out-of-date | cut -d" " -
> > f1` ; do cd /usr/ports/$1 ; make update clean; done
>
> this is not working here as expected, with current from yesterday - ends
> up in an endless dependencies loop (because some libs fail to upgrade).

Yes, for me it didn't really work as expected, i'll have to look at it.

> any other hints for upgrading all installed ports?
> i have a shell script which gets all installed ports into a list -
> removes them all and reinstall them again.
> but i believe there must be some easier upgrade strategy.
> i thought about running a complete build to have all packages, and then
> use pkg_add -r -u, but the bulk build takes so much time...
> whats the (best) suggested way to upgrade only installed and outdated
> ports if i run from current to current...?

replace in above "update" to "package", that will just build outdated
packages, to be added manually. Or "reinstall", and remove FORCE_UPDATE
from /etc/mk.conf.

Yes, that one-liner still needs work. But i still like the idea ;)

--
viq

INTERIA.PL | Kliknij po wiecej >>> http://link.interia.pl/f18c1