Re: New ports tree feature

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 02:24:48 +0100, viq wrote:

> for i in `/usr/ports/infrastructure/build/out-of-date | cut -d" " -f1` ;
> do cd /usr/ports/$1 ; make update clean; done

Similar to what I suggested earlier: export the package names from an
updated ports tree as reference (file).
Might as well relieve load on the cvs-es, when the
cvs -q -d anoncvs_(_at_)_anoncvs_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:/cvs up -r OPENBSD_3_n -Pd
is no longer needed to check for updates ?
You'd simply diff the installed ports / packages against this
relatively small file (much faster than navigating the whole tree
remotely) purely locally and then refetch the packages to be updated.
Respectively make the update as described by you. The FLAVOR and
eventually SUBPACKAGE thing is something else, then.
Could - while 'make'ing in the ports collection - the parameters
eventually be remembered ?

> Just my .02 for "you guys rock!"

Very much agreed here !

Uwe