Re: Package post-install scripts ?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:59:11 +0200
Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net> wrote:

> You have an issue with the way you do stuff. If you install enough
> packages to have these scroll by and get lost, then use tools to store
> the output, like script and friends... I'm at a loss, I *never* had to
> deal with this issue, I always have something like the scrollbar of my
> xterm to get back to the messages...  And the --- pkgname line is
> there to tell you what's what.

We don't all install X on hosts that are simply intended to be servers.

What's more I regularly have to do package installs to remote hosts
accessed over a DSL line - and if you've never tried using X under such
circumstances then my advice is _don't bother_ -- the performance sucks
something rotten.