[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: new gd port (and rrdtool)
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: new gd port (and rrdtool)
- From: frantisek holop <minusf_(_at_)_obiit_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:36:45 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
hmm, on Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 05:26:45PM +0200, Nikolay Sturm said that
> * frantisek holop [2005-10-25]:
> > how can i make gd work without X?
> > i would like to run rrdtool + symon without X on firewalls.
> It doesn't need X11.
> > can gd 2.x run without X?
> Yes, just install xbase or in a custom environment you already know what
> to do, i.e. install those missing libraries.
call me stupid, but i find these 2 statements countering each other:
"It doesn't need X11." vs "Yes, just install xbase"
if gd can run only with xbase, for me that means gd cannot run w/o X11.
please note that my question was not
"how can i make gd work without _running also_ X?"
i just wanted to clarify this. thanks for the answer.
i have an exceptionally high q.i.