Question about kde builds

After looking through my build logs of the new version of KDE I noticed something I haven't noticed before.

During 'configure' the build tries to create a file '//.kde/share' but there is an error saying "permission denied". I have SUDO defined in /etc/mk.conf hence I build and install the port as a regular user.

This isn't a show stopper as everything seems to work fine.

My questions are should I be building the port as root, and why does it need to create this file on my 'slash' partition which is very small on advice from INSTALL.i386?

Rik

Visit your host, monkey.org