[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NEW: xcompmgr
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: NEW: xcompmgr
- From: Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:32:21 +0200
- Cc: Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot_(_at_)_lphp_(_dot_)_org>
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot_(_at_)_lphp_(_dot_)_org>
- Reply-to: espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net
On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:39:37PM +0200, Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> >Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:
> >>Well, thanks for you efforts, but this is what my desktop (i386) looks
> >>after running "xcompmgr" (and moving an xterm around):
> >Well, it works fine here (my WM is openbox), although I did not run all
> >possible tests since when xcompmgr is enabled, the display is _deadly_
> >This is on current/macppc.
> Slowness is expected. The composite extension makes code basically
> unaccelerated. If you're using a radeon card, 'Option "RenderAccel"
> "On"' in the "Device" section may help a bit.
Why is this option not on by default for radeon cards ?