Re: Update of gnocatan/pioneer

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 12:50:43AM +0200, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 12:11:31AM +0200, Jonathan Glaschke wrote:
> > Now I want to upgrade the existend gnocatan port to pioneers, because pioneers
> > is just the newer version of gnocatan.
>
> Please try to contact the gnocatan maintainer. I sent him a mail
> about one or two weeks ago, but didn't get any response yet.

I contacted the maintainer of the project and he told me that he hasn't
got the time to maintain his port any longer. he told me that i can take
his maintainership of gnocatan.

> > Are there any problems with this?
>
> I'm not sure, but there may be legal issues with the game regardless
> of it's name. An updated port should at least include a warning not
> to run a gnocatan/pioneers daemon on a public server.

I contacted the author of pioneers two, he told me that there is no
problem in playing the game in public servers. there are already
public games at 'pioneers.debian.net'.
> Ciao,
> 	Kili

The tarball of the port can be found at