[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Recent advances in pkg_add
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Recent advances in pkg_add
- From: Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:17:26 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net
Current has seen quite a few changes, that you may wish to test.
- pkg_add -u now proceeds with the actual update.
- there's an interactive mode with pkg_add -i that actually asks questions.
- I finally implemented PKG_CACHE: you can set the env variable to point
to a directory, and any package downloaded through ftp/http/scp will be
copied there, in addition to being installed.
And there's much more, but that's probably the most user-visible parts.
Visit your host, monkey.org