Re: Lost connections with mysql-server-4.0.23p1

I had the same problem, try to put this line in my.cnf
[safe_mysqld]
open-files=1536
# or
open-files-limit = 1000

Can't tell you exactly what line to put in my.cnf because can't reach this config now.

Jason Dixon wrote:

I've got an OpenBSD 3.7 server with mysql-server-4.0.23p1.tgz installed from packages. Once a week or so, the mysql server will stop taking queries, commands, etc. Applications that rely on the database will complain of having lost the connection. Attempting any mysql or mysqladmin commands also report a lost connection:

# mysqladmin -p status
Enter password:
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Lost connection to MySQL server during query'

There are no error messages in /var/mysql/`hostname`.err that would suggest anything is wrong. Has anyone else run into problems with this version? Any success stories with the newest 4.1.14 port running on 3.7?

Thanks,

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting