[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: kde port makefile question
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: kde port makefile question
- From: Josh Grosse <josh_(_at_)_jggimi_(_dot_)_homeip_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:06:08 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 12:59:38PM -0500, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I've been using the OpenBSD KDE/Qt packages for about 3-4 years.
> Now I want to build it myself to have more current versions.
"DO NOT mix versions of Ports and OpenBSD!
"If your system is Release, use the Release version of the ports tree. Don't
try to use a -Current version of the Ports tree on a -Release or -Stable
system. Not only is it not likely to work, you will irritate people when you
ask for help about why 'nothing seems to work!' Note that there is a -Stable
branch of the Ports tree as well, where critical fixes to -Release ports will
Source: FAQ 8.4. http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq8.html#Ports