[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: crashing misc/figlet
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: crashing misc/figlet
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:15:37 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Paul de Weerd <weerd_(_at_)_weirdnet_(_dot_)_nl> wrote:
> I just noticed that my OpenBSD system's figlet(6), as installed from
> /usr/ports/misc/figlet/, dumps core with a Segmentation fault :
> $ figlet hoi
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> I think this is caused by some change in OpenBSD. I have, however,
> no clue where to look.
It's a case of mmap malloc uncovering a bug. Basically, figlet
allocates an array with malloc() and then accesses array[-1], which
happens to be unmapped memory. The problem is in the "smushing"
code, figlet -W works fine.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org