[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: firefox
- From: "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang+gnus20050812_(_at_)_dailyplanet_(_dot_)_dontspam_(_dot_)_wsrcc_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:26:38 -0700
- Cancel-lock: sha1:eM1ICfCuP1olR0d2F2xsv7DaOY8=
- Organization: W S Rupprecht Computer Consulting, Fremont CA
"J. Lievisse Adriaanse" <jasper_(_at_)_nedbsd_(_dot_)_nl> writes:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:02:01 +0100
> Pedro Marcolino <Pedro_(_dot_)_Marcolino_(_at_)_pt_(_dot_)_jazztel_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
>> Mozilla seems to be working properly, but i got a few full crashs( back to xdm ) while using it...
>> These "random" crashes are annoying.
Well, that isn't a *firefox* crash. It is Xorg crashing. And yes, it
happens here too. Same symptoms. There is a low-probability that
when you add a tab in firefox you hear a double "click" as the monitor
switches frequencies twice and are blown back to xdm's login screen.
Damn annoying, especially is you are worried that you might have
unsaved changes in tons of emacs buffers.
This is a segv on Xorg's part (see the tail of /var/log/Xorg.0.log
after you log in again.)
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.