[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Important porting note: partial support for wchar
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Important porting note: partial support for wchar
- From: Marc Espie <espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:29:01 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: espie_(_at_)_nerim_(_dot_)_net
OpenBSD is finally, slowly, getting internationalization support, starting
with functions dealing with wide characters.
(input/output is left for later, as is multi-byte to wchar conversion).
As a result, some (very few) programs using autoconf will mistakenly
think that, because there's a wchar.h or a wctype.h header, they can
use the whole internationalization package.
These must (for now) be told manually that this is not true.
will most often be enough to get these to compile again, if necessary.
(this currently affects cooledit, enlightenment, and wine).
Visit your host, monkey.org