Re: Inter-library dependencies

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 09:12:47PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Christian Weisgerber dixit:
>
> >On the minus side, static linking would
> >still require those changes or break.
>
> AFAIK only for non-libtool ports, but I haven't tried that.
> If required I'll try it.

in most projects using autotools, libtool is not used during configure
time link checking for libraries.   most configure scripts more or less
silently disable features related to libraries "not found" at configure
time.  since you don't have the libtool crutch at configure time, it's
going ti think you are "missing" some libraries.

you probably won't see problems until possibly packaging or often not
until after you actually run the programs.

--
<jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>

Visit your host, monkey.org