[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Java RUN_DEPENDS
- To: ports_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Java RUN_DEPENDS
- From: Mathieu Sauve-Frankel <msf_(_at_)_kisoku_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:41:57 -0500
- Reply-to: msf_(_at_)_kisoku_(_dot_)_net
> We could do what some Linuxes do, that is, create a generic directory
> (they use /usr/java, we'd use /usr/local/java). Create each JDK in
> there. Symlink the one you want to be default to "jdk". Everybody who
> wants "generic latest Java" puts /usr/local/java/jdk in their PATH.
> Presto - it just works; no need to screw around with JAVA_HOME.
I think is good simple solution to the problem, how do you deal with
people who have multiple jdk's installed ?
First jdk installed gets the /usr/local/java link ?
msf_(_at_)_kisoku_(_dot_)_net || msf_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Visit your host, monkey.org